SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM
The Computer Professionals' Union is a strong advocate of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in the country. CPU targets students, nonprofit organizations and enthusiasts for its trainings in FOSS. CPU has introduced FOSS to thousands of students, hundreds of teachers and nonprofits. CPU continues to lead the annual worldwide celebration of Software Freedom Day in the Philippines.
CPU believes that the effective method of popularizing FOSS in the enterprise and other sectors should start even before skilled manpower is hired by companies and institutions. Thus, CPU initiates FOSS @ Schools. It is a project primarily focused in creating venues for students and nonprofits appreciate and discover FOSS tools.
FOSS @ Schools Objectives
- Enhance the appreciations and interests of public and private high schools and colleges on FOSS;
- Introduce benefits of FOSS for nonprofits and educational institutions;
- Create a nationwide network of speakers and technical resource persons on FOSS tools.
We can give talks on the following topics
- Introduction to Free and Opensource Software (FOSS)
- Introduction to Drupal
- Introduction to Content Management System (CMS)
- History of Linux
- Ubuntu Tour
- Programming (PHP, LAMPP, My SQL)
- Multimedia (Blender, LMMS, GIMP)
- Cloud computing